Law Enforcement Lieutenant
Level – N/A
Job Family – Public & Environmental Safety
FLSA Status – Exempt
Pay Grade –
Salary Plan – TA12
CAS Exemption Required – Yes
Job Code – 003382
This is work assisting in the management* of operations for a designated component of a University Police Department.
Examples of Work:
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists in developing law enforcement policies and procedures.
- Advises law enforcement personnel as to new laws, regulations, procedures and assignments.
- Reviews police activities through personal conferences and/or incident reports.
- Assists in budget preparation for assigned area(s).
- Serves as law enforcement liaison with outside law enforcement and other regulatory agencies.
- Prepares administrative reports.
- Conducts background and other internal personnel investigations.
- Pursues, apprehends, and arrests law violators or suspected law violators.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors and have four years of sworn law enforcement or sworn investigative experience. Must meet the requirements of Chapter 943, Florida Statutes*.
Licensure and Certification:
Supervision: Provides supervision to sworn and non-sworn law enforcement personnel.