Law Enforcement Officer
Job Family – Public Safety
FLSA Status –Non-Exempt
Pay Grade – 52
Salary Plan –US2N
Job Code – 001114
This is work performing university sworn law enforcement duties.
Examples of Work:
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Patrols assigned area(s) to insure the personal safety of the university populace and to provide protection and security to facilities.
- Directs traffic.
- Investigates accidents, complaints, disturbances, and law violations by interviewing complainants, suspects, and witnesses; secures incident area; and collects and preserves evidence.
- Pursues, apprehends, and arrests law violators and suspected law violators.
- Issues traffic warnings and citations.
- Controls crowds during special events, catastrophes, riots, and demonstrations.
- Provides armed escort for university monies.
Education and Experience:
Must possess an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or equivalent 2-year degree and meet Florida Statutory and Administrative Code requirements. Must meet the requirements of Chapter 943, Florida Statute. Previous law enforcement experience preferred.
Licensure and Certification:
Must meet Florida statutory and Administrative Code requirements. Must meet the requirements of Chapter 943, Florida Statutes.
This position may supervise.