Police Service Technician I
Level – I
Job Family – Public Safety
FLSA Status – Non-exempt
Pay Grade –
Salary Plan – TU2N
CAS Exemption Required – Yes
Job Code – 001109
Perform non-sworn law enforcement support services.
Examples of Work:
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Receives reports of bicycle theft, lost and found articles, etc.
- Performs investigative work for traffic accidents not involving injury.
- Performs basic crime scene duties such as lifting fingerprints, taking measurements and photographs, and collecting evidence.
- Responds to non-emergency police incidents including abandoned property, criminal mischief, obscene/threatening phone calls, etc.
- Performs desk officer duties, greeting public, taking reports, conducts fingerprinting activities, issue visitor permits, etc.
- Performs traffic control junctions, crowd control at special events.
- Assists with traffic accident investigations, assists motorists with disabled vehicles, traffic direction, etc.
Education and Experience:
A high school diploma and one year of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience. Some positions may require proficiency in typing.
Licensure and Certification: