Police Service Technician II
Level – II
Job Family – Public Safety
FLSA Status – Non-exempt
Pay Grade –
Salary Plan – TU2N
CAS Exemption Required – Yes
Job Code – 001110
Perform specialized non-sworn law enforcement functions and/or coordinating non-sworn law enforcement support services.
Examples of Work:
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Provides training and direction in proper procedures involving traffic control, traffic accident investigation, crime scene management, and information gathering techniques.
- Reviews reports and logs and determines appropriate follow up action.
- Receives, evaluates and disseminates criminal documents and records from local, state, and national crime information centers.
- Conducts non routine traffic accident investigation, crime scene management, and information gathering not requiring initial sworn law enforcement intervention.
- Serves as evidence custodian or records custodian.
- May coordinate the work of Police Service Technician I’s.
Education and Experience:
A high school diploma and two years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience. Some positions may require some proficiency in typing.
Licensure and Certification: