Ambulatory Care Administrator I
Independently plan and provide professional care for patients in ambulatory clinic settings in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Plans, provides, and documents professional care in ambulatory settings, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures.
- Collect and analyze patient data, make recommendations for ambulatory care plans, evaluate care provided, document and communicate appropriately actions taken and patient responses.
- Delegates tasks and supervises the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other ambulatory care personnel in the delivery of patient care and serve as a team leader.
- Monitors and initiates corrective action to maintain the environment of care, including equipment and material resources.
- Participates in professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Supports the development of other staff and formal learners; participates in the identification of clinical, operational and safety related performance improvement opportunities.
- Participates in clinic or entity level performance improvement activities.
Education and Experience
Graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate’s Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program and one year of appropriate clinical experience.
Licensure and Certification
Licensed as a registered nurse in accordance with Chapter 464, Florida Statutes, or eligibility to practice nursing in accordance with Chapter 64 B9, Florida Administrative Code.
May supervise ambulatory care staff.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.