Associate Vice President Alumni Affairs
A member of the senior leadership team for UF Advancement, the University of Florida Foundation (UFF), and strategic partnership programs. Will serve as a strategist, helping to set organizational priorities to create the foundation for the future of the organization.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible to the Vice President for Advancement and may be delegated responsibility for the overall direction and management of a specific functional area.
- Develop programs to provide financial ways and means to continue expansion and development programs of the university to maintain and promote alumni interest and support.
- Formulate policies in the area of university support/advancement and any other areas of administration as appropriate.
- Assists in implementing and coordinating policies among all administrative and/or operational units.
- Direct development of private and corporate giving and ensuring that it is administered in a positive atmosphere that best represents the university.
- Direct alumni activities associated with the maintenance of positive relations with alumni and friends of the university.
- May carry a small portfolio.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience progressive experience with demonstrated success in alumni affairs programs/events; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and ten years of appropriate experience progressive experience with demonstrated success in alumni affairs programs/events.
Licensure and Certification
This position does include supervisory responsibility.
- Stakeholder Focus**
- Manages Execution**
- Effective Communication**
- Critical Thinking**
- Organizational Acumen**
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.