Assistant Director, Compliance
The Assistant Director, Compliance is a leadership position with independent management of at least one compliance program. The assistant director will report to an Associate Director, Compliance or Director, Compliance and may supervise compliance analysts and/or administrative support staff. The Assistant Director is responsible for the day-to-day management of a compliance program and serves as the University’s designated compliance official for that program.
Examples of Work
- Serves as the University designated compliance official for one compliance program
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of a compliance program
- Communicates frequently and effectively with staff under supervision and well as department leadership
- Creates, implements and delivers training related to one or more compliance program(s)
- Oversees retrospective reviews and other investigations
- Conducts regulatory research and assessment
- Lead internal monitoring and auditing of compliance program
- Serve as facilitator or administrator for at least one compliance committee or work group
- Serve as a liaison with external constituents
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality/privacy
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and at least two years of experience in appropriate area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.