Associate Director, Strategic Initiatives
Leads, manages, creates, and implements fundraising initiatives that enhance and support fundraising efforts and campaign priorities. This position may report to an Associate/Assistant Vice President, Executive Director, Director, or other appropriate administrator. This position may not report to another Associate Director.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Leads strategies/programs for major and leadership gifts and create strategies related to setting and achieving campaign goals
- Conceptualizes, implements, directs and manages engagement initiatives that enhance and support fundraising efforts and campaign priorities
- Communicates management initiatives and assists in formulating and implementing policies and procedures
- Manages the tracking of faculty endowments
- Collaborates to produce and examine reports related to fundraising performance and core development metrics to effectively measure fundraising progress
- Ensure alignment and consistency of Development Orientation with strategic initiatives
- Plan and monitor the budgets for initiatives and special events.
- Provides prospect management processes to effectively enhance cultivation and solicitation
- Develops awards and recognition to drive strategic development production (i.e., metrics, visits, proposals, dollars raised, etc.)
- Establishes metrics and measures to evaluate campaign goal completion
- Enhance cultivation strategies for top prospects and donors through high-level engagement programming that aligns programming with unit fundraising initiatives.
- Provides guidance and direction to staff involved in engagement initatives and programs.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience or a bachelor’s degree in appropriate areas of specialization and six years of experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Stakeholder Focus**
- Manages Execution**
- Effective Communication**
- Critical Thinking**
- Organizational Acumen**
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.