Campus Parking Patroller I
This is work enforcing traffic and parking regulations and regulations.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Patrols streets and parking areas for parking violations.
- Issues citations and/or summons.
- Renders assistance to motorists.
- Directs traffic.
- Upon approval, initiates the towing and/or immobilization of vehicles.
- Reports possible safety hazards.
- Collects money from parking meters.
- Interprets relevant policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of appropriate experience and possession of a classified driver’s license appropriate to the type of vehicle operated. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.