Clinical Service Representative I
Provide clerical and customer service support for a clinical department, answer all incoming calls and supports other department wide clinic functions.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responds to patient, physician and attorney questions directly within scope of position; routes calls to residents, physician extenders or physicians when appropriate.
- Answers incoming calls from patients, physicians and other health care providers (internal and external), attorneys, pharmacies, medical supply, drug companies, etc.
- Schedules patient appointments and obtains prior medical records and studies if appropriate; arranges for special needs when applicable; refers scheduling to senior representatives when appropriate; obtains initial patient insurance demographic information.
- Arranges associated clinical, diagnostic or laboratory services and obtains authorizations when necessary; directs patients to appropriate providers for other health care issues; completes and routes direct referrals to other clinical services.
- Greets patients and confirms appointments; inspects insurance cards or authorization notices; identifies and collects deductibles, co-payments or deposits on services; explains and satisfies any necessary patient signature requirements.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Licensure and Certification
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.