Compensation Specialist III
The Compensation Specialist III provides professional support in designing, implementing, and administering the university’s classification and compensation system.
Examples of Work
- Manages classification and compensation functions or programs.
- Communicates and interprets human resources policies and procedures for managers and employees.
- Analyzes position and compensation requests, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in developing occupational classifications, job descriptions, and compensation practices.
- Provides advice and guidance on classification and compensation matters.
- Conducts data analysis and prepares reports for management.
- May provide training and development services to enhance workforce competence.
- May oversee the work of lower-level human resources personnel.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two year of appropriate experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
Preferred: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), HRCI Professional of Human Resources (PHR), or HRCI Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR).
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Office Support Tools
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- HR Policies, Standards, And Procedures
- Compensation Management
- Salary Planning
- Incentive Programs
- Benefits Programs
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.