DRC Research Regulatory Assistant (core)
UF Research Core Classification*
Provide administrative support to a University sponsored programs compliance office and/or board. Responsibilities include maintains records, inventories and supplies for programs; clerical and data management support; assists in communications with investigators; and assists with meeting and workshop organization.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assist with managing program functions. Provide communications and documents to Principal Investigators/study staff/department administrators regarding program information.
- Perform clerical duties such as answering phones, faxing, copying, and sorting/distributing mail.
- Assist in generating, organizing, filing and tracking documents and information.
- Data entry and maintenance of databases. Prepare and generate reports as appropriate.
- Prepare and deliver compliance documents as required. Alert leadership to any discrepancies or identified issues.
- Assist with meeting functions. Schedule and set up meeting rooms, prepare and provide meeting materials, and if applicable take and transcribe minutes.
- Participate in staff meetings and events, assist in program operations, and contribute to the development of good compliance office practices.
- Assist with fiscal functions. Verify expenditures, maintain accounting records, make travel arrangements and expense reports, manage and maintain office equipment and supplies, and maintain billing records for office operations.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
*Reserved Classification – Use of this classification outside of UF Division of Research Compliance (DRC) or UF College of Medicine Research Administration & Compliance (RAC) requires prior approval by Classification and Compensation
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.