Education/Training Specialist III
Positions provide expert level training and development services and/or provide consultation for complex programs or large units. Serve as a lead for other staff or oversee significant training programs or initiatives.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Consults with faculty or management to assess needs and learning/training technology.
- Designs, develops, and delivers training programs, applying best practice models and learning theory.
- Collaborates with instructional designers, faculty, or subject matter experts on program development and design.
- Evaluates training effectiveness and achievement of learning outcomes and institutes changes or adjustments as needed.
- Monitors practices and processes to ensure continued relevance and effectiveness.
- Analyzes and evaluates external training resources, including software packages, instructional guides, and instructors, with consideration for cost, impact, and suitability.
- Negotiates service agreements and monitors program budgets.
- Provides coaching for managers or executives.
- Maintains knowledge of current practices and trends in the training/learning/development field and networks with other leaders in the field or across the organization.
- Participates actively in professional organizations or conferences.
- Researches new methods, evaluates relevance to the organization, and proposes utilization when appropriate.
- Serves as the lead on new initiatives or as coordinator for large training and development programs.
- May supervise other professionals or support staff.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and six years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Effective Communications
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Testing (Pre-, Post-)
- Training Needs Analysis
- Training Program Development
- Training Solution Development
- Knowledge Management
- Staff And Career Development
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.