Family Assessment Worker
This position is responsible for in-home visiting services to assess families and their eligibility to participate in offered programs.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Schedules and completes assessments with families to determine eligibility for home visiting services.
- Responsible for completing all paperwork associated with the assessment process.
- Schedules staffing for family visits.
- Reviews and screens referrals to determine eligibility for offered programs.
- Initiates contact with families by letter or phone.
- Maintains regular communication with community agencies and providers regarding referrals, program updates and services offered.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience working with children or families; or an associate’s degree, or Child Development Associate (CDA) and three years of experience working with children or families; or a high school diploma or equivalent and five years of experience working in a home visiting program.
Licensure and Certification
No License Required
This position does not supervise.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.