Grants Accountant I
UF C&G Classification*
Under general supervision, is responsible for award administration including award set up, management, and closeout for contracts and grants in assigned portfolio.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Performs awards set up and modification of existing awards. Interprets and reviews award documents from federal, state, for profit, and non-profit sponsors.
- Generates the award and releases the budget
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal government regulations, circulars and sponsor-specific instructions
- Produces billing worksheets and monitors expenditures to ensure compliance
- Prepares and submits invoices and reports
- Performs all activities related to closeout
- Reviews and approves multiple types of budget and expenditure transfers
- Participates in trainings and meetings
- Performs all activities related to collections
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or other appropriate area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
*Reserved Classification – Use of this classification outside of UF Contracts & Grants Accounting Services (C&G) requires prior approval by Classification and Compensation
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.