Health Support Technician I
Assist health care staff with routine medical processes.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Collects and records appropriate medical information.
- Takes vital signs, weights, and measurements; obtains specimens using non invasive means.
- Assists in the application and removal of plaster or fiberglass casts and dressings.
- Assists in preparing operating rooms and patients for surgical operations.
- Assists with a variety of standard tests such as electrocardiograms, electroencephalographs, vectorcardiograms, and phonocardiograms.
- Assists in the pharmacy operation.
- Assists with routine diet instructions, diet histories, and food intake studies.
Education and Experience
High school diploma and one year of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
Some positions may require certification, such as Certified Nursing Assistant.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.