Human Resources Business Partner
Serves as a strategic partner and liaison for employees and managers of a college/department and core human resources functions.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Provides consultation and tactical support to faculty and staff on a variety of human resources-related matters such as staffing, compensation, benefits, training and employee relations.
- Ensures alignment with policies, goals, and standards of the college/department.
- Analyze and identifies needs of the college/department and makes recommendations to leadership regarding human resource functions.
- Participates the in the planning process and development of human resource strategy to meet and support the needs of the college/department.
- Administers human resources programs.
- Communicates and interprets human resources policies and procedures for faculty and staff.
- Communicates new and updated processes to leadership and faculty/staff; Ensures that university deadlines and requirements are met.
- Responsible for development and support of new programs within the human resource functions.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), HRCI Professional in Human Resources (PHR), or HRCI Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) preferred
This position may include supervisory duties
- Operational Functions
- Effective Communications
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Human Resources Policies, Strategies And Environment
- Human Resources Consulting
- Employee Relations
- Process Management
- Employee Counseling
- HR Policies, Standards, And Procedures
- HR Planning And Development
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.