Loss Prevention Specialist
This position is responsible for the identification, assessment, management and/or elimination of adverse professional and environmental conditions affecting entities protected by the Self-Insurance Programs (SIP).
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Identify, assess, manage, and/or eliminate adverse professional and environmental conditions affecting entities protected by the SIP.
- Coordinates SIP loss prevention efforts.
- Provides advice and assistance regarding patient care liabilities and protocols related to risk management and loss prevention.
- Conduct in-service education programs, seminars, and/or topical presentations for healthcare providers.
- Coordinates the provision of comprehensive risk management series for entities protected by the SIP.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
Must have or be able to obtain the State of Florida Health Care Risk Manager certification and license.
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.