This position will develop audit tools and conduct privacy audits and oversee the identification, implementation, and maintenance of privacy policies and procedures.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Oversee and provide guidance in the identification, implementation and maintenance of organization information privacy policies and procedures.
- Conduct ongoing compliance monitoring activities and/or investigations of all privacy and security incidents.
- Oversee all implementation actions required for compliance and privacy regulations
- Ensure that employees, vendors, and volunteers receive ongoing education and training on privacy and security policies and procedures, including state and federal privacy laws.
- Provide guidance on the permissible uses and disclosures of health information
- Assists with responses to and investigations of privacy incidents, complaints, and Patient Rights requests.
- Manage breach notification activities.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree and one year of relevant experience; bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
Certified International Privacy Professional (CIPP) within twelve months of hire.
This position does include supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.