Promotes the organizations sales of products or services including marketing of existing products, developing new products to meet consumer need, or developing markets for new products or services. May gather information on competitor’s methods of marketing and distribution.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Creates and manages mailing lists for organizational mailings. Compiles marketing materials, letter, etc. for ad hoc requests and purposes.
- Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedure for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires, or arrange to obtain existing data.
- Develop and implement procedures for identifying advertising and marketing needs.
- Conduct Research on consumer opinions and marketing strategies, collaborate with marketing and other professionals in order to remain current with industry and consumer trends.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree and two years of experience or an Associate’s degree and four years in an appropriate area of specialization.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Business Markets
- Web-Based Facilities And Tools
- Active Learning
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Effective Communications
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.