This position is responsible for the direction, planning, development and implementation of a Self-Insurance Program (SIP) business operation.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for planning, directing, and developing the business and operations programs of UF SIP as well as the other state self-insurance programs managed by UF SIP.
- Works with the SIP management team to streamline processes and improve efficiencies, ensure accuracy and integrity of data sources, and coordinate with auditors.
- Responsible for organizational development, personnel and business operations.
- Provide managerial oversight with the administrative budgets necessary for managing business operations for all units of the SIPs.
- Assist the director with establishing goals and objectives, developing policy and procedures, and providing leadership in the business operations of the programs.
- Ensure accuracy of premiums billed in relation to evolving insurance and reinsurance conditions.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area or law degree (L.L.B. or J.D.) and five years of related work experience; or a bachelor’s degree and seven years of related work experience. If employee holds a law degree, must be a member in good standing of the Florida Bar or become a member within twelve months of employment.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.