This position is responsible for the designated UF Privacy operations conducting investigations of, providing guidance, and implementing privacy regulations.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Conduct investigations of privacy and security incidents
- Notify appropriate persons of privacy breaches
- Provide guidance and assistance in the identification, implementation, and maintenance of information privacy and security policy and procedures.
- Oversees implementations of compliance of privacy regulations.
- Monitor compliance activities.
- Provide guidance to staff on the permissible uses and disclosures of health information.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree; bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
Certified International Privacy Professional (CIPP) within twelve months of hire.
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.