This position will develop audit tools and conduct privacy audits while coordinating with IT and Internal Audit to mitigate risks.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Plans, conducts, and manages privacy audits in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Develops audit tools and programs to evaluate and analyze privacy activities.
- Develops and implements auditing and monitoring plan to identify, monitor, and assess privacy compliance risks.
- Researches emerging privacy regulations and completes benchmarking studies for use in developing privacy policies.
- Coordinates and monitors the implementation of new privacy policies.
- Collaborates with IT and Internal Audit to mitigate risks identified in audit findings.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree and one year of relevant experience; bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
Certified International Privacy Professional (CIPP) within twelve months of hire.
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Process Management
- Problem Solving
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Audit And Compliance Function
- Financial Process Documentation
- Internal Controls
- Fraud Management
- Data Gathering And Reporting
- Data Privacy
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.