This is an intermediate level position that works under general supervision to perform assignments. This position participates in the planning and coordination of projects for radio, television, stage, motion picture, or written media production.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Write and edit news stories from information collected by reporters and other sources.
- Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other informational sources.
- Review film, recordings, or rehearsals to ensure conformance to production and broadcast standards.
- Collect, maintain and report measurement of productivity and project activity for projects.
- Manage budgets for assigned projects.
- Contribute to and participate in development and funding of projects.
- Meet with clients to assess communications needs and conceptualize solutions using a variety of media.
- Acquire and document appropriate rights and clearances.
- Manage assigned projects from proposal through post production.
- Monitor postproduction processes to ensure accurate completion of details.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience in an appropriate area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Software Development
- Analytical Thinking
- Requirements Analysis
- Application Development Tools
- Training Technologies
- Multimedia Learning Systems
- Distance Learning Technologies
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.