Registered Nurse III
Under general supervision, perform specific leadership functions related to clinical practice, education and management such as developing unit goals, orientation programs, and standards of care; provide patient care and coordination of services through assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation of safe therapeutic care.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Coordinate patients’ care with other hospital departments and disciplines.
- Promote effective communication among staff and patients to assure optimal patient outcomes.
- Assist with the planning and/or implementation of educational programs for staff and patients.
- Act as a preceptor for new or experienced employees by assessing learning needs, developing, implementing, and monitoring learning plans and evaluating the learner’s progress.
- Participate in development, implementation and maintenance of the quality assurance program.
- Participate in establishing, implementing and evaluating unit goals.
- Identify patient care, staff, and resource problems and take necessary steps toward problem resolution.
- Provide feedback and guidance to staff; observe, review, and evaluate staff performance.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and evaluation of systems to support nursing care delivery such as patient care documentation and emergency response procedures.
- Provide input into the development and implementation of the budget.
- Serve as the unit charge nurse as assigned.
- Participate in unit, departmental and hospital committees as requested.
- May utilize clinical expertise to provide planned and spontaneous learning activities to patients, families and staff.
- May develop staffing schedule for a specific time period.
- May participate in the interview process and recommend selection of staff.
Education and Experience
Graduate of a nationally accredited nursing program and two years of professional nursing experience.
Licensure and Certification
Licensed as a registered nurse in accordance with Chapter 464, Florida Statutes.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.