Senior Director of Alumni Relations
This position will implement programs to increase membership and provide philanthropic opportunities. Will serve on the Alumni Affairs leadership team and provide oversight and management of special events/programs for the UF Alumni Association (UFAA).
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Develop programs to provide financial ways and means to continue expansion and development programs of a university to maintain and promote alumni interest and support.
- In the area of advancement, may develop promotional programs to provide funds for such things as student financial aid, library assistance, and special equipment and otherwise funded.
- Supervises the assigned areas of responsibility to ensure that the established goals and objectives for the department and the university are communicated and met. Provides leadership and direction in policy development.
- Serve as a leader of the alumni affairs department in the absence of the Assistant Vice President for Alumni Affairs.
- Strengthen relationships with alumni representatives from each college to cross-promote activities while creating opportunities for engagement.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience in alumni affairs or related field; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience in alumni affairs or related field.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Stakeholder Focus**
- Manages Execution**
- Effective Communication**
- Critical Thinking**
- Organizational Acumen**
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.