Senior Director of Donor Relations
This position will implement programs to increase membership and provide philanthropic opportunities. Will serve on the Donor Relations leadership team and provide oversight and management of special events/programs.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Strategic planning and management of university-wide programs and events
- Ensures donor related programs reflect and meet goals and Advancement and university
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies of all aspects of the donor relations and/or stewardship program for assigned college or campus
- Identify and recruit alumni for participation in donor relations programs
- Engage in marketing and communications efforts related to donor relations/stewardship program; may include writing for print and on-line publications
- Participate in the strategic and long range planning for new initiatives and programs designed to enhance the donor relations and/or stewardship activities of assigned college or campus
- Communicate stewardship objectives and the associated responsibilities to unit director and other internal and external leaders
- May supervise, train and direct the work of assigned staff
- Manage event budgets and portfolios
- Manage donor recognition plans for major/principal gifts
- Identify opportunities and execute plans for supporting campus-wide and unit-based development officers
- Responsible for annual operating plans and budgets supporting program priorities and assessing strengths and weaknesses in relation to objectives
- Provide reports and tools to senior development staff, staying current with industry standards and implementing the current best practices across the advancement field
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience in donor relations or related field; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience in donor relations or related field.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Stakeholder Focus**
- Manages Execution**
- Effective Communication**
- Critical Thinking**
- Organizational Acumen**
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.