Student Account Specialist I
Processes student financial account activity, including student payments, refunds, loan agreements, third party contracts, or other student activity. Assists with resolving payment or documentation issues encountered by students and other related parties. Provides customer service and support to students, families, departments, and sponsors regarding student financial account balances, tuition and fee charges, payments, refunds, loans, or other student financial account activity.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive, nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Interacts with students, parents, sponsors, and departments regarding activity on the student financial account.
- Processes payments to/from students or sponsors
- Investigates and resolves refused/returned payments
- Follows up on outstanding balances
- Assists students, sponsors, departments in completing and submitting required information such as forms/contracts/loan documents/authorizations/other
- Submits student invoices to sponsor for payment
- Reconciles student activity and resolves discrepancies
- Prepares information/communication to students, parents, sponsors, and departments via email, website, chatbot, etc.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Problem Solving
- Office Support Tools
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.