Treatment Plant Operator – Entry
This is an entry level position that assists in the operation and maintenance of sewage treatment and/or water purification plants.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assist with operating pumps, motors, air compressors, and related machinery and equipment.
- Assist with collecting samples of sewage and/or water for testing.
- Assists in turning valves to control the flow of sewage and/or water.
- Assists with the treatment and disposal of sludge; assists with adding chemicals to sewage.
- Assists with repairing pumps, motors, air compressors, and related equipment.
- Assists with cleaning the bar screen, grit chambers, and settling tanks.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure and Certification
Must obtain a class C wastewater operator’s certificate in accordance with Florida Statutes 403.101 and 468.540 552 and Regulation 61E1241, F.A.C. within two years of employment.
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.