Veterinary Hospital Health Information Coordinator
Develop, implement and manage the medical information training program for the University of Florida Veterinary Hospitals. This mission-critical system requires on-going training of staff at various levels to ensure the users are optimizing system functionality with a focus on patient care and throughput. A primary purpose of this position is to ensure users are appropriately trained as they work towards achieving “meaningful use” of the multiple HIT systems. This position will also provide daily support and be a resource to the hospital faculty, staff and students in resolving user issues related to system use and/or functionality.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Develop and continuously update training materials for various training sessions (Orientation, Advanced, Refresher classes, Helpful Hints, Frequently Asked Questions).
- Conduct classroom and one-on-one training for users.
- Conduct observations of users in their environment to identify areas for improvement and suggestions for workflow redesign.
- Maintain knowledge of HIT standard configurations and clinic specific templates and customization; provide onsite training and issue resolution support.
- Serve as primary resource for HIT problem resolution requests.
- Provide user interface support for new HIT implementations.
- Assist with coordinating requests for system modifications and enhancements.
Education and Experience
High school diploma and two years of experience working in a veterinary hospital or clinic, and one year of experience working with electronic medical recordkeeping systems. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience
Licensure and Certification
Received: Works independently with faculty, staff and students as needed. Administrative direction given by immediate supervisor.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.