Veterinary Hospital Manager
Manage specific areas that provide support to the veterinary hospital and patient care.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures.
- Oversees staffing that provides support for the hospital.
- Furnishes input for budget planning and participates in budget monitoring/management.
- Maintains equipment and QA/QC.
- Maintains inventory supplies.
- Serves as a working manager by actively participating and performing services on a regular basis.
- Responsible for general upkeep and maintenance of the hospital.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and four years of veterinary experience.
Licensure and Certification
Credentialed veterinary technician (CVT/LVT/RVT) or Certified Veterinary Practice Manager (CVPM).
General supervision and oversight of employees, other personnel services, students, volunteers, and support staff. Instructions are both written and oral.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.