Law Enforcement Sergeant
Job Family – Public Safety
FLSA Status –Non-Exempt
Pay Grade – 54
Salary Plan –US2N
Job Code – 001116
This is work supervising* law enforcement operations on an assigned shift; law enforcement operations on a branch campus; or a specialized* law enforcement function.
Examples of Work:
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Conducts roll call briefings prior to field assignments.
- Submits written or oral reports.
- Receives complaints from and/or against shift personnel.
- Serves as Field Supervisor to assigned law enforcement personnel.
- Instructs law enforcement personnel in operational procedures.
- May assume Command Officer responsibility for a shift.
- May develop, coordinate, and/or deliver in service law enforcement training.
- May act as public information officer.
Education and Experience:
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree and meet Florida Statutory and Administrative Code requirements. Must meet the requirements of Chapter 943, Florida Statute. Three years of sworn law enforcement or sworn investigation experience required.
Licensure and Certification:
Must meet Florida statutory and Administrative Code requirements. Must meet the requirements of Chapter 943, Florida Statutes*, and for promotional appointments, successful completion of the Board of Education’ written test for this class.
This position supervises.