Agricultural Assistant III
Positions provide expert-level support for agricultural or animal science programs and typically supervise lower-level employees on smaller farms or within functional units on larger research or demonstration farms.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Consults with research faculty in planning and conducting research, demonstrations, and teaching experiments.
- Coordinates activities involved with a designated research operation following general guidelines.
- Implements maintenance programs for farm facilities and research equipment.
- Reviews records of experiments and field operations.
- Monitors seeding rates, planting depths and fertilizing rates.
- Oversees pesticide application and proper licensure of applicators.
- Contributes to or prepares reports on farm and animal care operations.
- Coordinates complex animal husbandry duties.
- Hires, trains, and supervises agricultural staff.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent and three years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.