Ambulatory Care Administrator II
Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized professional care for patients in ambulatory clinic settings. Participate in educational activities, departmental committees, quality improvement projects or other operational support projects as assigned.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Collects and analyzes patient data, make recommendations for patient care plans, evaluate nursing care provided, document and communicate appropriately nursing actions taken and patient responses.
- Identifies professional care needs for patient populations in ambulatory settings; provides leadership in the development of standards of care, patient/family education and staff education to address the needs of specific populations.
- Participates in educational activities, departmental committees, quality improvement projects and other operational projects as assigned; provides direction and guidance in the proper use, care and control of material resources.
- Appraises quality and effectiveness of supplies and equipment and communicate to responsible individuals.
- Anticipates potential safety concerns in the environment of care and intervene.
- Guides the professional growth of others at the unit level through role modeling, coaching and/or mentoring.
- Provides leadership at a unit level for initiatives designed to improve the quality of care or clinical outcomes for populations of patients and to enhance the professional development of others.
Education and Experience
Graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate’s Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program and three years of appropriate clinical experience.
Licensure and Certification
Licensed as a registered nurse in accordance with Chapter 464, Florida Statutes, or eligibility to practice nursing in accordance with Chapter 64 B9, Florida Administrative Code.
May supervise ambulatory care staff.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.