Responsible for management of the daily operations of the audio-visual support unit. Responsible for supervising and working with the audio-visual specialists who support the equipment and materials for instructors or in classrooms or providing professional quality audio-visual technical support as needed for meetings, conferences, social events, banquets, concerts, receptions and similar events. Responsibilities include management of the unit, budgeting, supervision of staff, on-site set-up and operation of equipment, and equipment upkeep and maintenance.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Supervises a team of audio-visual specialists. Manage the work associated with running audio-visual technology in multiple buildings and campuses ensuring the daily operational functions that enable learning environments to be used for effective teaching and learning.
- Manage the operations of the audio-visual support unit to ensure professional quality audio-visual technical support as needed for meetings, conferences, social events, banquets, receptions, etc.
- Hire, train, supervise, and oversee scheduling of personnel to provide labor necessary to set and operate equipment.
- Develop and maintain training manuals and other resources for training of personnel.
- Consult with staff and customers as needed during the event planning process to identify most appropriate utilization of equipment and services.
- Responsible for budget preparation and monitoring for area of responsibility, including but not limited to cost projections for labor, equipment upkeep and maintenance, equipment replacement and other new purchases, supplies, and other related costs.
- Coordinates the activities associated with installation, deployment and upgrade of facility or classroom technology.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college course work may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.