Responsible for using digital state-of-the-art audio-visual production systems, web technologies and video capture equipment in support of unit, college, university or multi-purpose facility.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for activities ranging from setup to recording, including multi-camera switching and wireless/wired microphone setups. Operate professional video cameras including remote cameras.
- Diagnose / Troubleshoot, Maintenance, Repair, Installation AV Systems: Projectors, switchers, displays, microphones, video conference units, cameras, media encoders, speakers, amplifiers, and other peripheral equipment
- Support audio-visual unit leadership to ensure delivery of professional quality audio-visual technical support as needed for classrooms, meetings, conferences, social events, banquets, receptions, etc.
- Develop and maintain training manuals and other resources for training of personnel and use of equipment.
- Assist with the activities associated with installation, deployment and upgrade of facility or classroom technology.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and five years of appropriate experience. Appropriate vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.