Biostatistics Analyst I
Under supervision and direction, collect, prepare, and/or analyze research and/or other complex statistical data for a specific unit of the institution. Prepare statistical and narrative reports, and participates in the analysis and interpretation of data as appropriate. The Biostatistics Analyst I is key for driving innovating health sciences research. Provides statistical analysis for projects throughout the institution and will work with a variety of departments to collect, analyze, and interpret conclusions for data.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Collect, clean, store, and integrate biostatistics data
- Summarizes, and/or analyzes data in preparation for generation of statistical and analytical reports.
- Works under guidelines for statistical reporting, analysis, and predictions governed by unit procedures, processes, and manuals.
- Maintains appropriate records of research methods and results.
- Utilizes specified statistical software to analyze and interpret biostatistics research data, as appropriate to the individual position
- Perform descriptive and exploratory analyses
- Consults on study design
- Communicates results to internal faculty and staff
- Supports manuscript and grant writing efforts for faculty related to statistical plan and results
- Independently manages projects and workloads
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience
Licensure and Certification
Will not be responsible for the supervision of others
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.