Biostatistics Analyst III
Coordinate major data projects and develop strategies to manage biostatistics data. Research and make recommendations to improve data management and reporting. Assist in development and implementation of measurement systems. May coordinate or supervise staff for ongoing or ad-hoc projects. The Biostatistics Analyst III is key for driving innovating health sciences research. Provides statistical analysis for projects throughout the institution and will work with a variety of departments to collect, analyze, and interpret conclusions for data.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Develops, enhances, and maintains data infrastructure capable of supporting clinical trials and other high-impact research projects
- Serves as lead analyst on assigned projects
- Performs strategic advanced and predictive analytics, and facilitates transformative and grant-funded clinical trials and other research projects on campus
- May evaluate, create, or drive adoption of emerging analytic tools. Researches and develops strategies to capture and manage emerging data requirements
- Works with diverse data sets and designs visualizations and analysis tools
- Capable of running analytical experiments in a methodical manner and analyzing/presenting results to leadership or through seminars
- Leads, guides, and trains data management staff/student employees, and interns, assigned to data management projects
- Collaborates with faculty (internally and externally) and leads in manuscript and grant development (including writing relevant portions of manuscripts/grants).
Education and Experience
A Doctoral degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of related experience; or a Master’s degree in an appropriate area and five years of related experience.
Licensure and Certification
Directs assignment of work and tasks in partnership with leadership.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.