Responsible for designing and typesetting books, implementing good book design parameters, layout pages, import and crop photos, typeset tables and graphs, to create aesthetically pleasing book pages
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Design and typeset books, implementing good book design parameters, layout pages, import and crop photos, typeset tables and graphs, and create aesthetically pleasing book pages.
- Research production technologies and procedures and make recommendations that will increase the effectiveness of the department.
- Cleanup, crop, and manipulate graphic images as needed for optimum printing quality. On occasion, create or modify line art, graphs and figures
- Design book dust jackets, covers and stamp dies.
- Manage design and composition workflow to meet schedules and specify production materials to meet budgets.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in graphic design.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.