Certified Radiologic Technologist Supervisor
Supervise and participate in complex technical activities associated with the operation of x ray machines and related equipment on an assigned x ray unit.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Supervise and participate in complex technical activities associated with the operation of x ray machines and related equipment on an assigned x ray unit in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures; assist physician with fluoroscopic examinations.
- Plan and schedule work for the assigned unit ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
- Schedule patients for x ray examinations; set up and explain x ray procedures; position patients for each anatomical view specified using immobilization and protective devices as required; report any changes in patient’s condition to attending physician.
- Perform limited evaluation of radiological examinations in order to determine additional projections required.
- Assist in the formulation and revision of technique charts to maintain established standards of radiographic contrast and density.
- Assist in diagnostic research and in the development of new techniques.
- Maintain records of films taken in the unit; compile statistical reports and analyses reflecting operational activities.
- Clean, adjust and perform routine maintenance on equipment; stock and replenish supplies as required.
- Provide technical assistance, instruction and consultation to students and employees. Recommend various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, and vacation schedules.
Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited School of Radiologic Technology, or registered and certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and two years of experience as a Certified Radiology Technician.
Licensure and Certification
Certification in accordance with Chapter 468.304, Florida Statutes.
Supervise Certified Radiology Technicians
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.