Positions are responsible for identification and investigation of covered claims against entities protected by the Self-Insurance Program as well as loss prevention or reduction activities.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Performs intake, entry, and evaluation of reported incidents and potential claims.
- Conducts investigations of claims at various University locations, evaluates for potential liability, and makes recommendations based on established protocols.
- Analyzes data and conducts research in support of reports, presentations, programs, and related activities.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets relevant statutes, regulations, and case law.
- Communicates regularly with faculty, administrators, boards, committees, and external governing bodies.
- Coordinates the provision of comprehensive risk management services and serves as a resource for covered entities.
- Develops and delivers loss prevention and educational programs.
- Assists in the development and implementation of claims/incident processes.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.