Clinical Case Manager I
Assist patients in gaining access to needed medical, social, educational, and other services. This includes direct assistance in gaining access to services, coordination of care, oversight of the entire case, and linkage to appropriate services.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Maintains an active caseload providing interventions as needed and within area of expertise and limits of credentials; assures procurement of additional services as needed.
- Acquires and provides to the team the detailed information regarding an assigned client to establish the foundation for the Treatment Plan.
- Works with the client on a day-to-day basis using professional judgment and discretion to implement the team determined Treatment Plan.
- Assists in development, implementation and revision of individual treatment plans; assures that services provided are specified in the Treatment Plan and monitors progress toward treatment goals.
- Consults and cooperates with community systems to facilitate linkage, referral, crisis management, advocacy, and follow up with the focus on attaining treatment goals.
- Provides crisis management for clients; makes linkages for interventions as appropriate.
- Provides individual and group Activities of Daily Living (ADL) training.
- Maintains client and program records in accordance with applicable standards and regulations, grant requirements, etc.
- Participates in continuing education activities, remaining knowledgeable in area(s) of expertise
Attend meetings as appropriate and meet regularly with supervisor to exchange pertinent information and receive supervision.
- Completion of training and ongoing certification as required.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in a appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.