Clinical Programs Coordinator I
Under immediate supervision, coordinate the patient services and administrative activities of a routine outpatient clinical operation dedicated to one or more facets of health care for a clinical outpatient program. Assist in providing direct patient evaluation and treatment, to include specified clinical/nursing procedures as appropriate to the focus of clinic operations. Implement outreach, education, and marketing activities as appropriate to support clinical program objectives.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists in managing one or more client care and treatment programs.
- Assists university administrators and inter-institutional groups in resolving specific client care and treatment problems and in disseminating information in regard to university regulations, policies, and contracts.
- Coordinates the provision of medical, psychiatric, and psychological services.
- Coordinates the performance of routine and specialized technical procedures in a clinical area
Assist with reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Maintains liaison with physicians, research personnel and staff to resolve problems, to offer advice concerning technical procedures, techniques and equipment, and to maintain conformance with specific operational standards.
- Coordinates patient billing activities.
- Coordinates the patient care activities of the clinic; implements patient treatment plans, and maintains patient charts and records.
- Assists in providing direct routine patient assessment and treatment, to include clinical/nursing procedures, as required within the parameters of the program; notifies attending physician as required for non-routine care or other unusual medical circumstance.
- Provides health education to patients, staff, and practitioners within area of specialty; promotes specified health education to assigned constituents, as appropriate.
- Maintains inventories of medical and operating supplies and equipment, and ensures the functionality of clinic facilities.
- Assists with the marketing and promotion of clinic services to the targeted population.
- Provides outreach services to clients in area of clinical specialty.
- Participates in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area.
Licensure and Certification
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.