Clinical Programs Coordinator II
Under general supervision, plan, coordinate, and oversee the patient services and administrative activities of an outpatient clinical operation dedicated to one or more facets of health care for a specialized clinical outpatient program. Provide direct patient evaluation and treatment, to include specified clinical/nursing procedures as appropriate to the focus of clinic operations. Plan and implement a range of outreach, education, and marketing activities as appropriate to support clinical program objectives.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Manages one or more client care and treatment programs and for formulating and recommending policies and procedures to effectively administer such programs.
- Interprets client care and treatment administrative regulations and policies and for recommending new and improved programs to effectively manage client care and treatment administration.
- Conducts special studies in the assigned area of client care and treatment; collects and analyzes data as appropriate; serves as liaison with health care professionals.
- Coordinates the provision of medical, psychiatric, and psychological services; assists in developing annual operating budgets for the unit.
- Implements departmental policy and procedures to solve specific operating problems and improve patient care.
- Assist in determining fiscal requirement and prepare budgetary recommendations.
- Maintain liaison with physicians, research personnel and staff to resolve problems, to offer advice concerning technical procedures, techniques and equipment, and to maintain conformance with specific operational standards.
- Implements quality assurance programs relating to calibration and maintenance of equipment.
- Coordinates patient billing activities.
- Serves as liaison and provides consultation with academic departments on related issues, regulations, and standards pertaining to area of clinical specialty.
- Maintains inventories of medical and operating supplies and equipment, and ensures the functionality of clinic facilities.
- Establishes and implements plans for the marketing and promotion of clinic services to the targeted population.
- Provides outreach services to clients in area of clinical specialty.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.