Clinical Programs Coordinator III
Plan, direct, and coordinate patient services and administrative activities of a complex or multidisciplinary outpatient clinical operation dedicated to one or more facets of health care for a specialized or multi-disciplinary clinical outpatient program. Provide direct patient evaluation and treatment, to include specified clinical/nursing procedures as appropriate to the focus of clinic operations. Plan and implement a range of outreach, education, and marketing activities as appropriate to support clinical program objectives. Coordinate the work of others on projects and may assign work to and assist less experienced professionals or support staff. May act in an advisory capacity to managers or faculty.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Interprets client care and treatment administrative regulations and policies and for recommending new and improved programs to effectively manage client care and treatment administration.
- Assists university administrators and inter-institutional groups in resolving specific client care and treatment problems and in disseminating information in regard to university regulations, policies, and contracts.
- Designs, develops, and conducts special studies in the assigned area of client care and treatment; collects and analyzes data as appropriate; serves as liaison with health care professionals.
- Coordinates the provision of medical, psychiatric, and psychological services; recommends and administers annual operating budgets for the unit.
- Coordinate and supervise the performance of routine and specialized technical procedures in a clinical area.
- Develops and implements departmental policy and procedures to solve specific operating problems and improve patient care.
- Plans and schedules work for the group to ensure proper distribution of assignments as well as adequate manning, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
- Compiles and prepares reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Determines fiscal requirement and prepare budgetary recommendations; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds.
- Maintains liaison with physicians, research personnel and staff to resolve problems, to offer advice concerning technical procedures, techniques and equipment, and to maintain conformance with specific operational standards.
- Develops and implements quality assurance programs relating to calibration and maintenance of equipment.
- Supervises and coordinates the patient billing activities.
- Directs departmental personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, transfers and vacation schedules.
- Supervises and/or coordinates the patient care activities of the clinic; develops and implements patient treatment plans, and develops and maintains patient charts and records.
- Provides direct routine patient assessment and treatment, to include clinical/nursing procedures, as required within the parameters of the program; notifies attending physician as required for non-routine care or other unusual medical circumstance.
- Provides health education to patients, staff, and practitioners within area of specialty; develops, implements, and promotes specified health education to constituents, as appropriate.
- Serves as liaison and provides consultation with academic departments on related issues, regulations, and standards pertaining to area of clinical specialty.
- Develops and implements operating policies and procedures for the clinic; ensures that procedures and workflow are consistent with clinic objectives, protocol, regulations, and standards, and that operations conform to established environmental, safety, and infection control requirements.
- Establishes and implements plans for the marketing and promotion of clinic services to the targeted population.
- Provides outreach services to clients in area of clinical specialty.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
Supervises and/or coordinates the patient care and billing activities of the clinic.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.