Clinical Referral Representative Supervisor
Supervises Clinical Referrals Representative in the effective promotion of services provided by UF Health and all other affiliates and entities of UF Health. Supervises and coordinates referrals, consultations, appointments, event registrations, and literature fulfillment.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Directs, schedules and trains Clinical Referrals Representatives; responsible for written and oral evaluation of Clinical Referrals Representatives.
- Orients new attending staff residents and medical students relating to the clerical operating procedures.
- Assembles and maintains procedure manuals containing current forms, memos and procedures applying to the operation of the clinic.
- Initiates actions for minor repairs to non-medical equipment; checks on progress and completion of approved work orders.
- Serves as a resource person to other departments and agencies in the community
Communicates and responds to customer needs in a professional, positive manner building credibility and rapport with all contacts. Customers include, referring physicians and their staff, patients, consumers, co-workers, UF Health faculty and staff, other employees within the health system.
- Ensures staff focus on patients respect and confidentiality at all times; ensures professional telephone technique with strong focus on communication style and knowledge of UF Health to include its partners and affiliates.
- Ensures accurate business data collection and maintenance of applicable databases.
Trains staff on UF Health systems departmental protocols to include accurate data entry and retrieval of information for reporting purposes.
- Receives, researches and completes the more complex inquiries and requests ensuring optimum customer satisfaction; maintains high level of accuracy in all data collection and entry, appropriately following through and documenting the interaction.
- Maintains professional standards by participating in orientation, training and seminars; remains current on changes in policies and protocols in UF Health.
- Communicates new information related to all clinical services and referral protocols for UF Health and all other affiliates and entities of UF Health.
- Identifies and communicates needs and operational improvements, including technical system changes and updates, to maximize the efficiency and accuracy of services provided.
Education and Experience
High school diploma and four years of experience providing customer service in a healthcare setting.
Licensure and Certification
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.