Clinical Referral Representative
Support the effective promotion of services provided by UF Health and all other affiliates and entities of UF Health. Provide referrals, consultations, appointments, event registrations, and literature fulfillment.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Communicates and responds to customer needs in a professional, positive manner building credibility and rapport with all contacts.
- Customers include, referring physicians and their staff, patients, consumers, co-workers, UF Health faculty and staff, other employees within the health system.
- Maintains customer focus in stressful situations and exercises respect and patient confidentiality at all times; demonstrates professional telephone technique with strong focus on communication style and knowledge of UF Health to include its partners and affiliates.
- Participates in the training of new employees.
- Responsible for accurate business data collection and maintenance of applicable databases.
- Utilizes UF Health systems according to departmental protocols to include accurate data entry and retrieval of information for reporting purposes.
- Receives, researches and completes, in a timely manner, all inquiries and requests ensuring optimum customer satisfaction; maintains high level of accuracy in all data collection and entry, appropriately following through and documenting the interaction.
- Maintains professional standards by participating in orientation, training and seminars; remains current on changes in policies and protocols in UF Health.
- Communicates new information related to all clinical services and referral protocols for UF Health and all other affiliates and entities of UF Health.
- Identifies and communicates needs and operational improvements, including technical system changes and updates, to maximize the efficiency and accuracy of services provided
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of experience providing customer service in a health care setting.
Licensure and Certification
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.