Clinical Research Assistant
Functions as a specialized research professional working with and under the direction of the clinical Principal Investigator (PI) and senor Clinical Research Staff. The Clinical Research Assistant supports, facilitates under the direct supervision of the study team, the coordination of the details of the human research subject study and documentation concerning study protocols
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Filing and office organization
- Patient/research participant scheduling
- Patient/research participant history
- Data collection
- Data entry
- Data management
- Follow-up care
- Laboratory procedures (not requiring prior technical training or experience)
- Order materials/supplies
- Schedule research meetings
- Comply with Institutional policies, SOPs and guidelines
- Must comply with federal, state, and sponsor policies
- Participates in promoting Human Subjects Protections within Clinical Research areas
Education and Experience
High School Diploma and one year of appropriate experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
For some positions assigned to this class, special qualifications may be added to the minimum, such as professional registration or certification, or medical credentials.
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.