Clinical Service Representative II
Handle patient information; provide specific customer services which may include handling patient phone calls, scheduling appointments, scheduling ancillary tests, assisting with hospital to hospital transfers, accompanying physician to clinic to assist with patient flow, calls and scheduling.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Answers incoming calls from patients, physicians and other health care providers (internal and external), attorneys, pharmacies, medical supply, drug companies, etc.; responds to patient, physician and attorney questions directly within scope of position; routes calls to residents, physician extenders or physicians when appropriate.
- Gathers and/or verifies patient information including demographics, insurance coverage and financial status; obtains authorization for clinical care, procedures and ancillary studies; enters all scheduling information into IDX system.
- Schedules patient appointments and obtains prior medical records and studies if appropriate; arranges for special needs when applicable; works with other sub-specialties (i.e., Radiology/Pathology) when applicable for patient scheduling.
- Arranges associated clinical, diagnostic or laboratory services and obtains authorizations when necessary; directs patients to appropriate providers for other health care issues; completes and routes direct referrals to other clinical services.
- Greets patients and confirms appointments; inspects insurance cards or authorization notices. Identifies and collects deductible, co-payment or deposit on services; explains and satisfies any necessary patient signature requirements.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and two years of appropriate office experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.