Compliance Audit Specialist I
Assist in gathering, counting and compiling documentation and findings of testing and monitoring the physician billing compliance activities for the University clinical practice. Individuals in this position have not yet obtained a full coding credential, but are working toward that designation (this is a training position).
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists in conduct of specialty specific or multi-specialty compliance audits of the University of Florida College of Medicine departments, institutes, and centers to ensure data integrity, compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to, but not limited to provider billing services.
- Prepares preliminary work papers and findings for review by a certified coder.
- Conducts simple screening reviews for review by a certified coder (example: search records for electronic signature, teaching physician statement, billing based on time).
- Enters key findings, names, refunds and other data into database(s).
- Assist with copying and distribution of findings, preparation of exit conference materials (copying non-compliant documentation for physician review).
- Maintain logs of their efforts.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of relevant experience. Appropriate college course work may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.